Download this student handbook now.
It’s a guide to dealing with coursework in any subject from Year 9 to Year 13. Template-type worksheets and a working example steer students through their coursework project. The templates offer step-by-step work planning; document handling; data collection; describing and categorising information; presenting results; editing and refining the final draft for submission. Printable pages allow the book to be used many times over – and for different subjects. Suitable for independent study, or for classroom groups.
- How to use the coursework handbook
- Guidelines for producing excellent coursework
- Deciding your topic and working title
- Identify, search, collect, and record your information
- Analyse then organise your information
- Describing your information
- Select a good presentation mode
- Draft and refine your final version
Dr Roy Johnson is the author of best-selling writing and study guides – Studying Fiction, Making the Grade, Improve your Writing Skills, Writing Essays 3.0, and several others. He was originally an industrial designer, then went on to lecture on literary studies at Manchester University and the Open University. He publishes a monthly newsletter on writing, culture, and technology, and is the director of Mantex Information Design.
Price – £1.95 – PDF format – first pub 2004.